This is hands down the BEST salad I’ve ever created. It’s fresh, healthy and so full of yummy flavours with only a handful of ingredients needed and easy to whip up in no time. It’s vegan friendly (make it for meatless Monday), gluten free and low carb. But most importantly it’s packed with nutrients, fibre and hormone balancing healthy fats.
The first time I made this was for a friends BBQ and it was a huge hit with kids and adults alike, winner! It’s become my go to for when we have family and friends over for dinner or to bring along to a BBQ. Now every time I make it I get asked for the recipe, so I had to share it with you all.
The recipe below is for a large family sized sharing serve. The perfect size for bringing to a BBQ. You can easily halve the recipe to make it as a side salad for two for dinner, perfectly paired with some roast chicken or grilled fish.
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower & Pomegranate Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing (vg/gf)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp Golden Grind Turmeric Mix (you can simply use turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120g (1 bag) French baby kale (or rocket or spinach)
- 1/2 pomegranate, peeled and seeds seperated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 tbls tahini
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/4 tsp sea or rock salt
- 2-3 tbls warm water, to mix
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Chop cauliflower into small florets, and toss in turmeric, paprika and extra virgin olive oil until coated. Roast for approx. 30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl or salad platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice and salt until well combined. This will take a minute or so of whisking to bring the lemon and tahini together (at the start you will notice the oil separates). Add warm water and whisk together, adding only 1 tablespoon at a time until the dressing consistency is runny enough to drizzle over the salad.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad before serving.