Peanut Butter everythang!! To be more precise, Peanut Butter Fudge. With a twist… boosted with protein thanks to beauty benefiting collagen protein and Mayver’s new Protein Peanut Butter. This peanut butter is simply roasted peanuts, peanut flour and a touch of salt, with no other additives.
Ok so I’ve been a little fudge obsessed since my Chocolate and Coconut Fudge recipes. But can you blame me?! This fudge is so quick to make, with minimal ingredients. And perfect for having a healthy dessert on hand, in bite size pieces.
It’s sweetened with only natural sweetener, maple syrup. Or you can even swap for stevia for a lower sugar option.
And as I mentioned it’s boosted with protein. Winning.
To make this recipe vegan, ensure you use a vegan collagen source. This recipe works perfectly with or without the added collagen protein. I used an unflavoured collagen protein from NutraOrganics. I chose to add it for a protein boost and the health benefits of collagen protein.
Protein Peanut Butter Fudge (gf)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Mayver’s Protein Peanut Butter for a protein boost!)
- 4 heaped tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or Stevia if you want to reduce sugar)
- 2 scoops of flat tablespoons (12g) unflavoured collagen protein (I used NutraOrganics Collagen Beauty)
- Add peanut butter and coconut in a food processor and blend on high for about 2-3 minutes until mixture becomes buttery. Scrape down the sides intermittently.
- Then add in protein and pour in melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend on high for another 2 minutes. The texture should be smooth and creamy (maybe a few crunchy peanut butter bits depending on how crunchy your peanut butter is!). If the mixture is too thick add a little more melted coconut oil.
- Taste and adjust sweetness or saltiness by adding maple syrup or a pinch of sea salt, to your liking.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray or container lined with baking paper. Smooth down the top with a spatula.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for half an hour until firm.
I’d love to hear about and see your BBN fudge recipes on Instagram or Facebook. Don’t forget to tag @balanced.body.nutrition and #foodhealthlife