Sunday nights always include dessert in our house. I love it as it gives me the chance to experiment with healthier “clean” ways of making desserts and treats. By clean I mean I use mostly natural unprocessed ingredients (apart from perhaps a sweetener like rice malt syrup etc. which aren’t exactly considered unprocessed), and are free from refined sugars. Because of my dietary requirements, most are also dairy and gluten free. In a nutshell my desserts contain healthy nourishing ingredients which make them a perfect substitute for a guilt free treat.
1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 small or 1 extra large banana)
2 free range eggs
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup good quality dark chocolate (or make your own like mine here), chopped
4 tbls coconut or almond milk
1 tbls coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbls 100% maple syrup (or organic honey or rice malt syrup)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Line a small baking or loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender or nutribullet blend all ingredients except chocolate, until smooth.
- Pour into into baking tin. Add chopped chocolate and fold through
- Bake for 20-25 mins until cooked through but still slightly sticky (test with a fork or skewer).
- Serve warm or cooled
COCONUT VANILLA PROTEIN “NICE-CREAM”
1 scoop Vanilla protein power (use rice protein for dairy free, or low lactose whey isolate)
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 tsp organic vanilla powder
1/2 tsp xantham gum (optional but gives the ice-cream consistency)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients except the shredded coconut in a blender or nutribullet until smooth. The consistency should be like a thick shake. Add slightly more xantham gum to thicken or coconut milk if its too thick.
- Pour into a bowl or container. Stir through coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Freeze for 2 hours until set.
Serve warm brownies with a scoop of nice cream!
Enjoy healthies xx